TOUCH OF TWO
AcityTO's Moon Clinic primary services include two therapists treating one patient within a selected duration. The touch of two therapists is our most effective method of full body recharge causing the patient to lose their point of reference while being completely immersed in a state of the deepest relaxation. This treatment is as awesome as it sounds.
Corporate & Private Events
Luxurious Poolside Parties
Registered Massage Therapists
WHAT DO I WEAR DURING MY TREATMENT(S)?
We believe in an open concept clinic, so our treatment tables aren’t enclosed by drapes.
Option 1: 2 Piece swim suit
Option 2: Flexible Underwear
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To begin you will need to set up an account, including credit card information, and provide us with some basic personal information to verify your identity. Once registered:
You will choose the type of massage, appointment time and duration.
- When our therapists confirm their availability, your massage appointment is set.
- When your massage is done, the total amount is automatically charged to your credit card for the service, the therapists pay and emails you a receipt.
- Your Registered Massage Therapists will issue your insurance receipt that you can submit under your benefits plan for reimbursement.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THIS TYPE OF MASSAGE SERVICE?
Having two therapists work at the same time allows a complete specific treatment of all muscles within a selected duration. Tight muscles are often painful and can usually be seen in conditions ranging from whiplash and tendonitis to headaches, or simply a sore back. Tight muscles may impede circulation or press on nerves as in certain cases of sciatica. For someone who is suffering pain from these conditions the results of massage can be very dramatic.
The benefits of massage are not limited solely to muscular problems. Massage can be used in the treatment of insomnia, constipation or respiratory conditions, such as bronchitis. It can increase circulation and therefore, decrease oedema (swelling), as well as being helpful in the rehabilitation of many conditions, from fractures and sprains, to post-operative conditions.
HOW DOES ACTIFYCITY ENSURE MY SAFETY?
Working underneath the standards of the College of Massages Therapists of Ontario (CMTO), our screening process includes a police background check, confirmation of professional credentials, multiple in-person interviews and a practical exam.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST" & "MASSAGE THERAPIST"?
- In Ontario, massage therapists fall under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991(RHPA) and the Massage Therapy Act, 1991 (MTA). In order to become a Registered Massage Therapist individuals must complete a training program from a Private Career College under the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. RMTs must write a registration exam given by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (the College) which is a branch of the Ministry of Health and be licensed by the College of Massage Therapy of Ontario.
- Use of the title “massage therapist” or “registered massage therapist” is restricted under the RHPA and the MTA, to individuals who are registered with the College.
- When a therapist registers with the College, they are issued a wall certificate and a photo ID card. A massage therapist must provide one of these documents as proof of registration, if so requested.
DO I HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN I GET A MASSAGE?
Yes. You have the responsibility to provide accurate and up-to-date health information. You also have the responsibility of communicating with your therapist any concerns you may have about your treatment or your preference as to pressure. Your therapist will ask for your feedback throughout the treatment and will be able to adjust the pressure to meet your needs. Communication is a key element of an effective massage and ensures that your treatment goals are being met.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN MY FIRST TREATMENT?
You will be asked to complete a confidential medical health history form. In the privacy of the room your therapist will review your health history with you and may obtain additional information for a clearer picture of your conditions. If you are having a specific condition treated, this process will involve some testing and assessment. This helps the massage therapist(s) develop a treatment plan best suited to your needs. Your therapist will advise you on what to expect during the treatment and show you how to lie comfortably on the massage table.
WHEN SHOULD I NOT GET MASSAGE THERAPY?
Massage therapy is contraindicated in the following situations:
Fever, or acute infection
Contagious or undiagnosed skin conditions
Signs of thrombosis (blood clot)
In order to ensure a safe and effective massage treatment clients are required to complete a detailed and accurate Health History Form before treatments commence. Regularly update your therapist on any health changes or medications.
DO YOU OFFER GROUP AND WEDDING BOOKINGS?
Yes, email us at email@example.com to connect with one of our sales team.
DO I NEED TO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD, OR CAN I PAY IN SOME OTHER WAY?
All transactions are automated. To schedule your massage, you need to have a valid credit card associated with your account. Your card will be charged only when your massage has been completed.
DO I GET AN INSURANCE RECEIPT?
After your massage is completed, your RMTs will issue your insurance receipt that will include the therapist’s provincial registration number so that you can use the receipt when submitting a claim to your private health insurance.
WHY DO I NEED TO COMPLETE A HEALTH HISTORY FORM?
The practice of massage therapy is regulated under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and is therefore a Regulated Health Profession. A health history form is a legal requirement mandated by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
RMTs must have clients complete a health history form before a treatment commences. Your health history provides your massage therapists with necessary information to treat you safely. You only need to complete the form once a year, even if you subsequently see other massage therapists.
CAN I REBOOK WITH A PARTICULAR MASSAGE THERAPIST(S)?
Yes! If you really liked the massage therapist(s) you had, you can request the same therapist(s) the next time your have a massage. If the therapist you requested is unavailable, we will send out another qualified RMT(s) to perform your treatment.
CAN I STILL GET AN ACTIFYCITY MOON CLINIC SERVICE IF YOU’RE NOT OPERATING IN MY CITY?
ActifyCity is expanding Canada wide.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
- When your appointment has been confirmed you have 10 minutes to cancel without penalty.
- If you need to cancel a confirmed appointment that is starting in less than 12 hours, a $100.00 cancellation fee applies.
- If you are cancelling an appointment that is starting in less than five hours, we will charge you the full cost of the massage because our therapists lose income if they keep an appointment time open for you